Friday, March 28, 2008

WoW Update - 28 Mar 2008

Last night was a pretty good night for Avierra. I logged in at around 9 pm and did a couple of Shattered Sun dailies. I cleaned out the auction house and my bank alts putting together the mats in the shopping list I published yesterday (since removed from this blog due to bad formatting). Then Anyssa sent me an invite for Magtheridon's Lair.

By 10 pm, most of the raid had materialized, and I figured that this would be a good run. We had nine healers, but that was ok. Everyone brought flasks and consumables. We headed to the instance and waited.

And waited and waited and waited. People were going afk on bio breaks and generally needed to be taught the instance. It was so frustrating. By the time we were ready to start, I had only ten minutes left on my Brilliant Mana Oil.

Eight wipes later the frustration reached boiling point. It wasn't that the instance was hard. As a matter of fact, it had been nerfed in the 2.4 patch. It was that people were making mistakes. The healers (myself included) messed up one attempt by failing to keep the main tank up after the first blast wave.

And the DPS... oh my God, the DPS. At least four wipes came from one of the DPS failing to click on their cube at the proper time.

We called it quits at close to 1 am. I was sleepy but determined: I would exalt with the Sha'tar that night. I sent a tell to Isorla, who was on an alt, and we put together a Heroic Mech group. Along with us for the ride were Larrygibb (a warlock), Kalabog (also a warlock) and Anyssa. Yeah, we had 2 healers and 2 warlocks. But it was Heroic Mech, so we figured it would be an easy, short run.

It was easy - so easy that we basically just laughed our way through the instance. We needed to de-stress after the pathetic Mag run we'd just botched. We wiped once when we overpulled, but otherwise we breezed through the instance pretty quickly.

So Avierra came out one Large Prismatic Shard, one Primal Nether, and four Badges of Justice richer. But not, sadly, exalted: she's just over 1k rep shy of Sha'tari exaltation.

But one Primal Nether! That means Tankatronic Goggles, which is known far and wide for its sheer tankadin goodness.

Isorla helped me out by enchanting my chestpiece after that. I guess I'm farming engineering mats later today; at least, that's what I'd like to do. That's if I'm not out getting a beer to celebrate.

It's been a long, rough week, after all. Azeroth can wait.

No comments: