Wednesday, March 26, 2008

WoW Update - 25 Mar 2008, New Patch Goodness

Avierra didn't do much on the 24th. Just had a really bad Botanica run, bringing her up to around 17500/21000 Revered with the Sha'tar. More on that in another post, but the real meat of this post should be the 2.4 patch.

As the patch maintenance ended at around 3 am today, I wasn't expecting to get to play WoW till this evening. But at around 5 am, our dogs woke me up by barking loudly and scrambling at the door to get out. I groggily headed downstairs to the PC to start my add-on downloads, fully expecting to get back to bed in a few minutes' time.

On impulse, I started up WoW -- and the rest, as they say, is history.

I brought Avierra and Froufrou up to the new island as soon as I could to start with the dailies. There were so many people there, an echo of expansion day. Avierra was ganked just once by a pair of enterprising rogues, but she took one of them down (surprising me with a Honor Kill: Warlord notice) with Retribution Aura and Consecrate.

The new island is a real pain in the ass for a paladin. The constant mana burn and pressure to keep moving, lest one get ganked, means that Avi was not once at full mana while she was farming. I had a couple of invites to run Magister's Terrace, but I declined them, as I still intended to sleep after doing the dailies.

Froufrou, on the other hand, had a ball. No one tried to gank her. Froufrou finished the dailies in half the time Avierra took. I parked both toons and logged out. When I get home this evening I will do the dailies again.

There were a couple of idiots in general who kept asking where the new badge vendor was - clearly, not everyone who plays WoW enjoys checking out WoW Insider and WoWWiki. And the roving gank squads were very annoying. Other than that, things seemed to be moving on at a good pace. When I logged in at 5 am, the server progression to unlock the second stage was already at 6%. When I logged out at close to 6 am, the server was at 9%. By the time I log in this afternoon I won't be surprised to find us at second or even third stage.

Since Isorla's PC is down, I might respec this weekend to prot to spam Magister's Terrace for reputation. I will see about dragging Anyssa in to heal for me; I'm sure DPS won't be that much of an issue. I'll also bring Froufrou in for some instance runs; I want the title for her at least ("Froufrou of the Shattered Sun", how nice). Avierra already has the Master Sergeant title, after all, and is quite likely to get the Champion of the Naaru title soon.

No comments: