Thursday, March 13, 2008

WoW Update - 13 March 2008

I regret to report that I've been playing WoW for the past couple of days with a dearth of results to show for it. Avierra has just five Fel Armaments; Froufrou has just a little more gold. This is the part of life on WoW that I hate - the constant farming for gold and materials to get a better enchant or to replenish gold used up in repairs or consumables.

One of the principles they drilled into me in management training is that you must focus on the best and highest use of your limited resources; that is, you must make use of your time in the way that best helps you achieve your goals. That said, my time has most definitely not been spent in the best and highest way. I've been struggling to farm Stratholme without dying; so far, for about an hour's work I've generated 2 gold in profit. Not the best at all.

Last night was another disappointment. ASTIG moved into Magtherridon's Lair. To be fair to our raiders, most of them were ready for the raid. The few who weren't, though, really disappointed me. Add to that the crippling lag that most of our raiders experienced last night, which forced us to abort the raid after clearing the trash leading up to Mag himself.

We're set to run again tonight. Hopefully Blizzard has fixed whatever's wrong with the server and we can finally get some attempts in. I've no illusions that we can down Magtherridon on our first try, but I'm hopeful that we'll be able to down him in the next week or so.

No comments: