Tuesday, March 11, 2008

WoW Update - 11 Mar 2008

Well, today was neither here nor there. I was expecting to log in to WoW and run Heroic Shattered Halls with Isorla, but he didn't answer my text messages today. This isn't new - he's as moody as I am, and vanishes oftener than a rogue with unlimited flash powder.

It also meant that I wouldn't be running Heroic SH. Anyssa and Supsop put a group together to run it in preparation for Mag on Wednesday night. (They didn't make it, sadly, as someone disconnected with 30 minutes left on the timer.)

Here's the thing: of the Trials of the Naaru quests, I have to run Heroic SH and Heroic SL to be ready for Mag.

I am just not willing to run them without a paladin tank. Preferably Isorla.

There's a good bit of arrogance behind that. I'm a pretty damn good healer. In half purples and blues I can outheal epicced-out priests. I expect my tanks to be great; it's why I am careful about which PUGs I join.

Isorla, besides being my buddy, is a great paladin tank. And great paladin tanks make heroic instances easy to run.

So I filled up my evening with other things: I farmed gold in Strat (hard!), farmed another Fel Armament with Froufrou, and played in a few arena matches (all but one lost). Then I started to reconsider respeccing.

If Isorla is taking an extended leave of absence from the game, I might be better off respeccing to protection to run heroic Shadow Labyrinth and heroic Shattered Halls. At least I know I'll be able to get a good healer (Anyssa) for my runs.

To do that, I'll have to do the following:

1) Exalt with the Sha'tar for the Crest of the Sha'tar. I'd better pick up a couple of Solid Stars of Elune for it, too. And an Enchant Shield - Major Stamina.
2) Craft a Goblin Rocket Launcher to fill up my second trinket slot.
3) Farm mats for an Enchant Chest - Exceptional Health, Enchant Bracer - Fortitude, Enchant Boots - Fortitude, among others.
4) Purchase at least four Enduring Talasites to fix my gems.
5) Purchase a Libram of Repentance. (boo!)

If I can get these done, I'll have 491 Defense, with 57.91% avoidance (almost 88% with HS up), and around 12k HP. That should be more than enough for heroics.

No comments: