Thursday, April 3, 2008

WoW Update - 3 April 2008

We had a Gruul's Lair run last night, one of maybe 3 or 4 more that ASTIG will do before removing it from the schedule of raids. I know people are excited about running Black Temple and Hyjal, but I'm not really very optimistic about the prospect of running these instances with ASTIG at the moment. Maybe I'm just burning out as a raider; God knows that Supsop, Anyssa and Isorla are already kind of burned out.

(If not for the badges, I wouldn't really be running Karazhan at all. The only things I still want from there are the Libram of Souls Redeemed and Pauldrons of the Justice Seeker, and even those aren't critical upgrades since I'm quite happy with my Merciless Gladiator's Ornamented Spaulders and can purchase a Libram of Mending.)

Gruul's Lair went by pretty quickly; there were a lot of dead raiders, but there were also a lot of dead ogres after the dust cleared. I wasn't healing so well, but maybe that was because I was on the main tank. Naturally I was overhealing a lot.

Not having any ASTIG DKP, I sat out the looting. I picked up my 5 Badges, bringing Avierra to 145. Only 30 more to go before I start to feel comfortable - I've decided to pick up both the Ecclesiastical Cuirass and the High Justicar's Legplates. I know that I can pick up the legplates right now and that I don't have to wait for the Shattered Sun badge vendor, but I'd rather not spend badges I don't have as I want the chestpiece quite badly.

After the run, I respecced to prot and walked into Magister's Terrace with Nataliandrea (resto shaman), Herri, Larrygibb and Arindul (hunter). We finally downed Kael'thas, unlocking Heroic Magister's Terrace for us and giving us a nice amount of reputation with the Shattered Sun Offensive. At this moment, Avierra is at 8.8k Honored, which means I have just over 22k rep to go until Avi hits Exalted.

I didn't complete all my SSO dailies yesterday as I was quite sleepy already, but the Magister's Terrace run more than made up for it. I'll probably hit Revered this weekend. And if the dailies continue to give reputation all the way till Exalted, it shouldn't take too much time to exalt with the Shattered Sun Offensive.

No comments: