Monday, February 25, 2008

WoW Update - 24 Feb 2008

I got home from Corinna's birthday celebration in Tagaytay to find that my 9 pm Karazhan raid had occurred earlier in the afternoon. Which was fine by me since I needed to spend some time leveling Engineering anyway, if a little bit annoying. On the other hand, it's partly my own fault since I didn't text back and commit to the raid. So no blame is being tossed around here, at least not by me.

So Anyssa threw me an invite to Zul'Aman, which I somewhat reluctantly accepted. I don't like going to new instances without reading boss strats and watching YouTube videos of how to take down the bosses. I think it's fair to assume that most of ASTIG's raiders don't feel the same way, but I always want to maximize my time in an instance by being as ready as possible. I was also somewhat hesitant to accept the invite because of the high drama potential - I mean, I have been gone quite some time.

I was quite glad to find that the raiding experience is back to normal, that is, back to the old pre-TBC atmosphere with people mostly prepared and focused on the raid. We had a few wipes thanks to carelessness, but that's nothing new - in the end, we downed two bosses (couldn't make the timer, though). I looted three Badges of Justice tonight, and they were well earned.

It helps that Zul'Aman is very much like Zul'Gurub, and I have nothing but fond memories of ZG. ZG was my first real raid instance (well, except for UBRS), before Molten Core and the travesty that was Blackwing Lair. We spent so much time in there that in the end Avierra hit Revered with the Zandalar Tribe. The Zandalar Freethinker's Breastplate is still one of my favorite pieces of Paladin equipment, even though I rarely take it out of my bank these days.

So now I have a somewhat standing invitation to join the ZA group on their runs. It's something I'm thinking about. Certainly I have to keep in mind my other commitments, and there is that respec looming on the horizon. And damned if ASTIG doesn't need pally healers all over again - something I'm gonna need to talk to someone about soon.

Anyway, before I left, I brought Avierra up to 230 Engineering and bid 850 gold on a Band of Impenetrable Defenses. If I win it, well, gratz to me. If I don't, at least I hung on to 850 gold. We'll find out in a couple of days.

No comments: