Tuesday, February 19, 2008

WoW Update - 19 Feb 2008

A little playtime for Qai last night - no ding, but that's okay. I didn't feel like leveling; I was too concerned over where my BH characters were going.

So I logged out of Dragonblight and into Bleeding Hollow. With a little time to spare, I sat in Shattrah and waited in LFG for a group needing a healer.

Here's also what's bothering me about being on both DB and BH - on BH there's a scarcity of good tanks and a lot of healers looking for groups. And that's where my holy paladin is - another reason why I'd like to respec Avierra into prot.

On Dragonblight it seems that there might be more tanks available.

A messed-up Heroic UB run later (Hungarfen down, 1 Badge of Justice looted), I'm a bit clearer now on what I want for Avierra so she can respec to protection.

The objective: to respec Avierra into protection without a significant loss in capability to run heroics and/or Karazhan.

Here's what I'm looking at, pre-respec:
  1. Run Botanica to complete How To Break Into the Alcatraz, which will give me Sha'tari Vindicator's Waistguard. It's a better tanking belt than my Borak's Belt of Bravery.
  2. Purchase the necessary gems - Solid Stars of Elune for blue slots, Flashing Living Rubies for red slots, Thick Dawnstones for yellow slots. (More details later for how many I'll need.)
  3. Acquire through purchase or DE'ing the necessary materials for the following enchants - +100 Health to chest, +12 STA to bracers, +12 STA to boots, +18 STA to shield.
  4. Acquire the following enchants/enhancements - Clefthide Leg Armor, Greater Inscription of Warding, Glyph of the Defender.
  5. Craft the following - Felsteel Helm, Felsteel Gloves
  6. Purchase Continuum Blade and Libram of Repentance.
Post-respec:

  1. Exalt with the Sha'tar to have access to Crest of the Sha'tar. This can also be done pre-respec as well.
  2. Drop Blacksmithing and train Engineering to be able to craft Tankatronic Goggles.
If I'm able to follow up on these before 2.4 I'll be in a good position to take advantage of the new content.

No comments: