Saturday, February 23, 2008

Bleeding Hollow's Down

Bleeding Hollow was taken down for maintenance today, and it sucks. Today is Saturday and I fully expected it to be a WoW-heavy day; instead I'm just blogging about how I wish I could be playing WoW.

So I find myself looking at how I'm going to become a tankadin.

Don't get me wrong; I love healing. There's something glorious about seeing a Holy Light critically heal, filling up your tank's hit points and restoring your mana. And there's no shortage of healer slots that need filling, whether it's in a 5-man instance or in a 40-man BG.

But tanking instances... that gets me excited.

So I popped into Sandbox to figure out where I stood with my hit points and DEF scores. If I respecced to Prot today, I would have around 9.6k HP now - close to my minimum target of 11k HP, but not quite there. And I'm at 478 DEF. Just 12 points to go.

Avi's sitting on 34 Badges of Justice now - and I'll need 15 for a Libram of Repentance. Other than that, I'd best save up for the patch 2.4 gear - I'm specifically looking at saving up 100 Badges for a Shattrath Protectorate's Breastplate. I realize I've got a long way to go, though.

I think I should also drop my Blacksmithing for Engineering right now - the Tankatronic Goggles are better than T4 gear. I was going to craft a Felsteel Helm for Avi but looking at it now, it seems a stupid idea.

What's going to be difficult is filling up my trinket slots. I can't get into a Kara group on a regular basis, so I'm not sure I can get a hold of Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch. I'll probably have to farm Shadow Labyrinth for Adamantine Figurine and Shattered Halls for a Figurine of the Colossus.

Rings are also something of a problem. I'm considering Ashyen's Gift for its high +STA and the +spellhit (the +spelldamage isn't bad either) and I'll probably scour the AH for a Band of Impenetrable Defenses.

Bah, that's enough dreaming. BH should be up by now...

No comments: