Thursday, September 27, 2007

WoW Update - 27 Sept 2007 (Thursday)

I haven't really been updating this because I got bored with WoW last weekend. EOTS Weekend didn't have much appeal for me, so instead I logged off and watched (most of) the first season of Heroes.

That didn't stop me from logging in on Monday night and playing enough EOTS to push my honor rating up to (I thought) 10k... the next time I logged in, though, my honor had gone down to 9.8k. Oh well, it's only 200 honor... easily made up in AV over the weekend.

Our Arena team is getting better, which is nice. I've got just over 750 arena points on Avierra. I'm currently saving up to buy an arena helm - and I already have the gems waiting.

Anyway, on to last night's run(s):
1) Froufrou - Karazhan run with ASTIG (Waven's group) - yes, we now have enough experience with the first two bosses to field a bomb squad. First 2 bosses downed, nothing looted. I'm horrified to find that I'm doing average DPS, despite the dual epic daggers... competing with Pareko and Arindul for third highest DPS while Mitayka and Bakekang took first and second, respectively. Clearly I need to start working on Froufrou.
2) Avierra - Karazhan run with ASTIG (Waven's group) - Maiden of Justice only, one-shotted. Shard of the Virtuous didn't drop... again... although I would probably have passed on it to give it to Ferrero if it had. Leather DPS bracers dropped, though... but it's all good because Yoshima didn't have them yet.

New patch in, with quite a few changes. I had to update my mods before logging in. The changes look quite promising, although the biggest change - voice chat (!) - is not yet enabled.

One bug I have noticed is that Blessing of Sacrifice, which had a 30 second duration and a 45 second cooldown, was supposed to have increased its cooldown to 1 minute. Instead I found that it was now a 30 second long buff that has a CD of 30 seconds! Maybe I put points in a paladin talent that decreases the cooldown? I can't really remember at this point.

Anyssa's group had a meltdown of sorts... Supsop walked out on the raid after they failed to down Moroes quickly. We'll see how that affects our Gruul's run on Sunday night. Hopefully by then things will have worked themselves out. And by then I hope to have my Veteran's Band of Salvation. :)

No comments: