Thursday, August 30, 2007

Life after respec

The respec cost me 15 gold and a big headache. Sure, I stayed primarily within the Holy tree, but I had neither the gear nor the inclination to learn a new playstyle to make it a successful respec.

2 ABs into the respec I shifted my playstyle back to pure healing - my comfort zone, granted, but I'm very good at it. And you know what? It felt good. I didn't have my 41-point talent (reduce mana costs by 50% for 15 seconds) but I was healing like a madman.

So I respecced to something like Caudill's - 26 points in Protection (enough for Improved Hammer of Justice and Improved Concentration Aura and the rest in Holy. I don't have Blessed Life anymore, sadly - no more hits at half damage - but I'm still a force to be reckoned with on the battlegrounds. I'm entirely in plate armor, even in healbot mode, and that means I don't fear rogues or warriors who charge into the thick of the melee looking for healers like me.

The (new) respec cost me 20 gold, but I'm feeling better for it. I'm looking forward to arena now. All I need to do is find a 5v5 group willing to take me in.

No comments: