Friday, November 14, 2008

WoW Update - 14 Nov 2008: First Steps

Avierra hit the Borean Tundra last night and immediately went to work killing various mobs and looting quest gear. I spent a total of 3.5 hours levelling, eventually logging off at 1 am at 69% of the way to level 71.

It was an interesting experience. On Bleeding Hollow quest mob repops didn't have a large queue, as ganking Horde players waiting for the same mob was just part of the new expansion experience. On Bloodhoof, there was no such thing occurring. Instead Horde and Alliance alike competed for the same mobs, and the most we did to shoo the Horde away from our quest mobs was to /spit on them.

The new content, the little I've seen of it at least, is gorgeous. I'm not going to say I won't get sick of it - I felt that way at the start of Burning Crusade, and look where that got me - but it certainly brought back a sense of awe and wonder that I've been missing for a while in Azeroth. Now I'm actually excited to get home and play. I've got goals.

On the loot side, I've ditched only one piece of equipment - my Sunward Crest - for a quest green, in this case the Plainkeeper Blockade. I haven't stepped into an instance yet, but that's just because I'm waiting for the rest of GoV to get into Northrend.

Queues on Bloodhoof are quite long and I'm not looking forward to trying to log in during the next week, when I go on leave from work to level my toons. But I'm going to wait. I think it'll be worth it.

No comments: