Tuesday, October 28, 2008

WoW Update - 28 Oct 2008, The Weekend Begins

Well, it really was a wild World of Warcraft weekend. With my better half out of town all weekend, I was either out with friends, fast asleep or playing WoW. Quite a few things happened to me online that I'm happy to blog about.

Saturday morning found me up at 8 am and ready to raid by 8:30. I logged on as Avierra and got thrown an invite to Serpentshrine Cavern. Never having been there, I was excited to take down some bosses and see some new content.

I paid 45g to respec Avierra back to Ret/Holy, as we had a number of tanks at that point already. Aranash, our Guild Leader and one of our tankadins, had specced pure holy for this raid. While we were the only healadins on this run, we also had two retribution paladins (Rizal and Grantilis) along for DPS.

We downed Hydross the Unstable fairly quickly with one wipe, due to the adds being mainly unaccounted for. This was a sign of things to come, as over and over again we would have add problems.

The Lurker Below also died pretty easily. I was really unlucky this boss - I died several times by being too slow to jump into the water or Divine Shield. More to learn for next time, I suppose.

I thought we'd try for Leotheras the Blind next, but instead we wound up heading straight to Lady Vashj. Which, of course, was a mistake - we wiped thrice on her before deciding to call it a night.

It wasn't much of a raid night - 3 badges and no new gear for me (which was fine, I'm pretty well geared on Avi anyway). I did, however, get a Sinister Squashling from a Treat Bag, which cheered me no end.

No comments: