Wednesday, October 22, 2008

WoW Update - 22 Oct 2008; A Quick Update

Right now, we're going through a bit of Guild drama. Two people have left the Guild over differences with the officers; one of them I rather liked and am really going to miss raiding with.

That said, I can't say that I'm not enjoying my stay on Bloodhoof. Monday night was a blast as eight of us Filipinos were online together. If only some of the others weren't saved to Karazhan, we could easily have marched in and taken down some bosses. Instead we resorted to farming the Headless Horseman, which was something of a disaster as neither his mount nor the pet dropped. Instead we got the rings, which are nice to have but ultimately not all that great compared to the loot we were really there for.

Jarvisius, Hotohori and Romola have been level 70 for a few weeks now and we're pretty impressed with how quickly they've gotten used to raiding and instance runs. Jarvisius is almost completely epicced out and the other two aren't far behind. We're trying to convince Hotohori to spec her Druid as a tank, but so far she hasn't made up her mind one way or another yet. Her DPS is a bit low as a cat, but that's likely the fault of the spec.

I now have just over 5000 gold on both Avierra and Froufrou - enough to buy Avierra's epic flying skill but not much else. I'm convinced that one day of dailies will suffice to get her both the skill and a gryphon. I'm also considering saving up for the hippogryph, but that's a big investment at 1600 gold.

In the meantime, Sei is stuck at level 40 as I haven't found the time to level her yet. I've stopped leveling her trade skills in the expectation that she'll be dropping them for mining and skinning at level 80, but that's such a distant prospect that I'm not including her in my new content plans at all.

We ran Heroic Slave Pens on Monday night with Avierra tanking - her first chance to try the new Protection talents that came with 3.0.2. Tankadins are doing more damage than ever before, I'm happy to say. Between Consecration, Seal of Righteousness and Hammer of the Righteous, AOE threat generation is a breeze. I almost never lost aggro... the few exceptions being the times that I was feared with cooldowns blown.

Between Prot and Ret/Holy, though, I must say that I'm enjoying Ret/Holy more. There's something about the insane celerity with which I can down mobs that fills my heart with joy. After all, I didn't become a plate-wearing, hammer-wielding avatar of the Light because I wanted to spam Flash of Light and Cleanse. Healing's fun, especially in raids against mobs four times my size and thirsting for my tank's blood, but most of the time I just want to kick ass without having to cast Divine Shield or Lay on Hands. And I think many of us feel the same.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So how's the hunter situation in your Bloodhoof guild... hehe

Manny said...

Transfer na! :P