Monday, June 23, 2008

WoW Update - 23 Jun 2008; Gearing Up for Gruul's



That's me and two of my buddies, Malago and Damasso, in normal Old Hillsbrad Foothills. We three-manned it. While I won't say it was easy (it wasn't), it was a good run and definitely the first of many to come.

Damasso is, incidentally, also a RL friend and officemate. Since I moved Froufrou to Bloodhoof, he's been subjected to random WoW-talk about how much fun the previous night's run was. His main, a retribution Paladin, is still on his home server, but I'm glad that he chose to move over an alt to join us anyway. Once he hits 70 I'm sure we'll be in instances 24/7.

This past weekend was very good for Froufrou. She finally finished up farming mats for her Cobrascale Hood on Saturday afternoon, with a lot of thanks to Malago, who sent her primals. Saturday's Karazhan run left Froufrou with a T4 hand token, which she promptly turned in for Netherblade Gloves. Her hit rate is now at 212, which is nice but not fantastic... after all, the rogue combat daggers hit cap is at 363.

I'm due to see a drop in hit again soon as I spent 800 gold to buy Pattern: Swiftstrike Shoulders on the Auction House. I also spent 700 gold on bids for two Hearts of Darkness, which means all I have left to farm are the Primal Airs. I'm excited about seeing how the haste affects my attack speed and, consequently, my DPS.

Midway through my Karazhan run (right after Curator) this weekend, I had to log off abruptly as my dog Frou Frou started giving birth and we had to rush her to the vet. Unfortunately, the puppies were stillborn and we couldn't do much for them. Frou Frou is now well and back at home, however, and we've been pampering her full-time.

It did, however, mean that I missed out on loot and badges. I'm pretty sure I missed out on a T4 head token and at least 8 badges. Froufrou is now at 66 badges and I'm debating whether or not to blitz to 105 before Sunday's Gruul's Lair raid. I have the mats for a second Mongoose enchant (I just put one on my offhand) and it would greatly boost my DPS to have the 105 badge dagger.

The Midsummer event also occupied a lot of my time this weekend. I had a lot of fun stealthing into the Horde capitals to steal fire. Plus there were a lot of Horde bonfires scattered throughout the old world... I'm saving up for one of the 350-blossom rewards, but I haven't decided which one yet. Maybe the Brazier of Dancing Flames, as I don't find the Captured Flame pet that impressive. I've got around 290 Burning Blossoms so far and will probably have 350 by this coming weekend.

I'm seriously considering porting Avierra over. ASTIG is so dead at the moment, it might as well be a defunct Guild. I'm just holding off because the expansion's due to come in soon.

No comments: