Monday, June 16, 2008

WoW Update - 16 Jun 2008, Keeping At It

Life's been a bit more hectic than I'd prefer lately, but I've been able to do dailies on a rather irregular basis; Frou is now back to 2750 gold. I had hoped to have 3k gold by the end of the weekend but things conspired against it. But that isn't such a big deal, really.

I've been farming mats for a Cobrascale Hood and am happily sitting on 12/15 Primal Air (thanks to Malago, who handed me 3!) and 7/15 Primal Shadow. Primal Nethers are more expensive on Bloodhoof - 75/80 G buyout on the AH as compared to 50/55 G on Bleeding Hollow - but I'm only going to need one anyway. I only have 3 Cobra Scales, but they're not hard to farm. The Coilskar Cistern is really one big closed loop that's very conducive to cobra farming.

I also made a mistake in bidding 150g for a Pattern: Boots of Utter Darkness, which I eventually won. Seeing as how GoV is still farming Karazhan and these are inferior to Edgewalker Longboots, I'm seeing this as a waste of money. I'll still farm mats for them, however (although 2 Primal Nethers is painful).

In other news, I was able to raid with Guardians of Veeshan again on Sunday morning. I was fortunate to be in the maiden raid that took down High King Maulgar (on the fifth attempt, too!). Things looked stacked against the raid - we downed him with 23 members, and 2 were level 69, and we were woefully short of healers. For some odd reason GoV is heavy on Druid healers with a few Priests as well. The two Paladins I've seen online are specced protection instead of holy.

From Gruul, ten of us who weren't raid-saved moved on to Karazhan, where we killed bosses till Opera stopped us cold. We had a bad raid composition for Opera. We drew Wizard of Oz without any mages and with a melee-heavy DPS group. We called it a day at 2 pm, leaving Froufrou sitting on 50 Badges of Justice. 55 more and I can finally purchase a Blade of Serration, which will boost my DPS up to above 500, I hope.

More on this later... it's time to get back to work.

No comments: