Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Noob Spec

So I'm specced Retribution.

This might not be an issue for other Paladins, but it certainly is an issue for me. Ret for me is noob spec - not that noobs play Retribution Paladins (although there are a lot who do) but that I'm a noob when it comes to playing Ret.

I've been specced Retribution for the past two weeks - during raid break, when it'll affect our runs the least. I'm getting a free respec anyway, and I had all this offspec gear stowed away in the bank.

So I specced Ret.

Here's the secret: I like it.

I don't like it enough to raid with it; we already run with two talented ret Paladins. But I like it enough that I've run dailies with it.

Thanks to Malago, last night I ran two Heroics in it as well. I didn't do too badly - 1,800 DPS at my lowest point.

The thing I dislike the most about Ret is how fragile I am. I don't die soloing mobs in Holy spec. I don't die in Prot spec. But I take dirt naps all the time in Ret spec.

But let me also say that I've never killed things as fast. One spell cycle is usually enough to down a mob. In Prot or Holy spec, I usually take two cycles.

Ret is awesome but it's not my spec. My hat's off to Ferraro, Megan and the many brilliant Ret paladin players out there.

Maybe someday I'll learn to do better than faceroll.

2 comments:

Lil' D said...

All your specs are noob specs!

-Bru

Manny said...

That's only because you pushed me!