Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Where We Are

Raiding last weekend was very productive - six or seven attempts at Malygos in Eye of Eternity (none of which took us beyond Phase 2 due to the enrage timer), then an eleven hour run in Naxxramas which spread across two days. Avierra walked away with three new epics (four if you count the one I bought with Emblems of Heroism). It looks very much like I'll be healing for the foreseeable future; it took a failed Culling of Stratholme run to show me that while I'd gotten much better as a tank, I'd let my healing skills deteriorate over the past few months.

Naxxramas is far from being on farm, although we're making real progress in cutting down the amount of time we're spending in there. My goal this weekend is to cut down our Naxx time to 9 hours - 4 hours for the first three wings, 5 for the last two. Already we're starting to DE gear that no one wants to loot, a clear sign of content on farm. Given our gear, though, we're underperforming - Be Imba says we should be farming Malygos right now, and looking at our Armory profiles, we definitely should be doing harder content.

I'm skipping instances this week in favor of farming - this past weekend cost me nearly all my gold after I bought enchants for nearly all my gear. I'm not done yet, though - my War Mace of Unrequited Love is still unenchanted. I spent most of last night farming gold, and I'm finally back to 500g; I expect to be at 1.4k by the end of the week - a comfortable number, given that dual specs will cost 1k when they're finally patched in.

The Ulduar info I've been reading online is a bit daunting - we're not a hardcore raiding Guild, and I really don't know if we'll have the time to master Ulduar before the next tier of raid comes out. I'd really hate to miss Icecrown Citadel when it comes out, though, so it looks like we'll be spending more time in Ulduar than we are in Naxxramas. I may even have to remove Naxx from our raid schedules once we're more or less geared for Ulduar.

No comments: