Tuesday, December 9, 2008

WoW Update - 9 Dec 2008: The Second Day

I logged in the next day with a slight hope that I would get invited back to the PUG. And lo and behold, I was - I got a whisper from the Revolution guys asking if I was coming back with them for the Plague wing. I accepted the invite and found myself with the same raid members.

The Plague wing was a little harder than the Spider wing, to be honest. I absolutely hated the safety dance, as raiding from Asia means I'm always going to be a little bit lagged when running from one side of the room to another. The other fights were more forgettable, but I do recall a steeper learning curve than the Spider wing's.

After clearing the Plague wing, we started clearing the Military Wing, but were abruptly stopped when the Revolution members asked if we would be interested in coming along for an Archavon-25 raid. We all accepted, and pretty soon I found myself in Lake Wintergrasp, getting ready to down the infamous "loot pinata".

We didn't make it. Twice.

At one point in the second attempt I figured it out - we didn't have enough DPS. They needed two people to volunteer to swap out for DPS so that they could get him down. As my friend the holy paladin volunteered first (and as I was a fourth tank, utterly unnecessary in the Archavon fight), I also volunteered to be replaced. The Revolution guys asked me if I would be available for a follow-up raid and I said I'd try - it was past noon and I was hungry, after all.

And that ended my first weekend of raiding in Northrend. I hope Revolution was successful in downing Archavon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you enjoyed the first weekend of raiding, you should see a lot more of Naxx in the comming weeks!

--Cathain

megan said...

Just noticed you're on my server. :]

hai2u

Merry Christmas!